The nut of the starter motorís positive connection can loosen on a Saab 2000 9-5 Aero so that the contact surface oxidizes. This condition causes poor contact and can result in the starter motor not cranking.
1. Detach the negative cable from the battery.
2.Detach the positive cable from the starter motor.
3. Clean the starter motor contact surfaces, nut and positive cable connection. Use brush and universal oil.
4. Connect the positive cable to the starter motor. Tightening torque:10 Nm (7 lb./ft.).
5.Connect the battery negative cable.
6. Adjust the time and date in SID.
7. Check the function of the starter motor.